I often think that if I was allowed to concentrate on just parenting and being a wife I could really excel especially if my ever-loving Ox was home and available more often. So I came up with a brilliant plan!!!!! I'm not kidding this will revolutionize the world.
- Everyone MUST retire at 55, regardless of job. This opens up those jobs for all of us young folk (my Ox included). Too many old-type people lost money in the market and stayed in their positions (or even worse came out of retirement) so they wouldn't have to live on cat food or give up their RVs. We don't just want the jobs we want the good jobs.
- Old-type people will have 2 new part time jobs from 55 until 75 (or death):
- Half time they will be at libraries, parks and city hall (or available for you to take home) purely to advise. Don't know how to bake bread? Don't worry Grandma Josephine makes wonderful bread and she'll come and show you how to do it. Don't know how to fix your plumbing? Grandpa Jo can explain the exact steps. They can advise on thousands of subjects and will, lawfully, be required to do so. Stop hoarding your knowledge Old Ones!
- Half time they will clean houses and upkeep yards. They know how and it will keep them in shape. Plus it's only half day- I'm not a slave driver!
- Since the old-type people gave up all the really good jobs this means we can afford to pay them for the half time they clean up after us AND all that social security they keep talking about disappearing will be plenty to pay their half time advisory positions.
- All of this leaving parents the time to just parent. Read books, play play-doh, go to the park and teach our kids. Done and done.
3 comments:
This is brilliant. Please run for President next year.
heheheheh.
"Stop hoarding your knowledge Old Ones!"
Possibly my very favorite quote ever.
Post a Comment