3 Reasons Why:
- He uses the tub the most. He takes on average 3 baths a day. Is this unusual? Probably but I don't care. He loves the bath. He takes one most morning either before breakfast (to warm up) or after breakfast to clean up. He takes another one at some point in the day because he is potty training and has usually 1 accident a day. He takes one right before or right after his nap (this is sometimes combined with the potty training one). He often takes one in the evenings after dinner or before bed. He takes one if he plays outside and gets muddy. And he takes one if he's being fussy, because they calm him down. If we lived in California he'd be in the pool all day, in Oklahoma he takes multiple baths. So if he's the one getting it dirty I figure he should be the one cleaning it up.
- He is in (and has been for a while) the 'helper' stage. He loves to help. If I'm doing dishes he wants to do dishes. If I'm sweeping, he wants to sweep. Etc. So he's been helping with the bathroom scrubbing for over a year now and at this point he does it to his ability, without my interference, and then I have my turn to 'check it'.
- He can do it because all my cleaning supplies are non-toxic. Anything I clean with Peanut could shove in his mouth and chew on with no adverse effects. In this picture (taken this morning at 9ish) he was scrubbing with baking soda, scented with lemon and tea tree essential oil. When he helps me spray and wipe the kitchen counter, table and fridge it's with vinegar scented with lemon and peppermint oil. I love that the reason I have a child lock for under my kitchen sink is not because Peanut might poison himself, but because he might clean too much. I know, I'm one of those blasted tree-hugger types. What can you do?
L

No comments:
Post a Comment