Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sorry my kid hates you...

So we have a problem...Peanut hates his doctor. From the moment we pull up to the office he is suction cupped to me. When the nurse comes in he in ornery. But when our doctor comes in he literally screams the whole time. I don't quite understand it. Dr. makes sure he's not there when shots are given out. He rarely forces anything, although of course he had to check ears when Peanut had his ear infection that lasted for eternity. He's friendly and nice (and I personally think he's cute) but Peanut can't stand him.

I wasn't really bothered until this last appt. But amid all the screaming I couldn't help thinking I should ask to see Dr.'s wife (also a doctor). I really don't want to trade doctors. I think I need to find something between now and Peanut's  next appt that will help him be more comfortable with Dr.. Any ideas? I was thinking of a puzzle or sticker book made from Dr.'s picture???



See doesn't he look nice with his wife, Lady Dr.?

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

They are the nicest doctors - and the most gorgeous couple with the most gorgeous kids. No ideas here, maybe Peanut would respond better to a woman? Samuel always liked her. Maybe play doctor with him so he knows what to expect the next time?

Amy said...

I was so fond of my doctor at that office I wouldn't want to switch either! Could you ask to see his wife once, just to see Peanut's reaction?

whitney said...

Ditto the other suggestions. Try Dr. Wife (who I've heard is also fabulous) and see how it goes. If that doesn't work...I suppose you could always look forward to the near future when doctor visits aren't so frequent.