
We stayed that evening in OKC and went to Bricktown. We ate at Zio's, which was delicious, and I brought home leftovers which Nate finished off in secret at some point. :(. We got home and played Ticket to Ride- a way fun game Nate and I were introduced to by our friends the Deans.
Wednesday they took we all took a tour of Ditch Witch where Pete saw a machine he works on at his job back in Cali and went to poke around at it. Sadly, they hadn't kept it up to date on servicing so Pete was pretty traumatized. Then while Nate went back to work Jo, Pete and I went to the Cherokee strip museum to check it out. It was pretty interesting. We had lunch at Braums with Nate and his Dad and then went to Stillwater to check out the local comic book store and buy some art supplies for Pete.
That evening we had kabobs at our house and invited Nate's folks over. Then after Nate's parents had to leave we took all 5 of our dogs for a walk. We've been getting bad about walking them and it was obvious by how bad they pulled the whole time. Then we sat around listening to music and playing games and taking personality tests (I'm INTJ and Nate's ENFP).

This morning they left at 6:50 when Nate and I have to leave for work. It was sad to have them go but it was so nice to have a couple days together. It was all very laid back and relaxing, which is what I had hoped for. It's just amazing to me they would want to spend some of their precious vacation time hanging out in Oklahoma in our little house with us- but we really loved having them.
They are our 2nd official 'house guests' (Nate's cousin Matt and his wife visited us about a month or so ago) and I've found it very helpful in getting our house moved along in repairs and cleaning. :). It's also helping to make our house feel more like our home and Nate and I feel more like grown ups. I wish we could take more time off to hang out with and visit friends and family- I really feel that I'm losing a lot of my connections to others.
This weekend we're going up to Missouri to join a wall-building party for Nate's aunt's house that got hit by a tornado.

We'll also be dropping Mercy off with her new family. I have a feeling it will be a very emotional weekend.
1 comment:
This is me Brandy Lou. I think I'm just a guess because the whole signing up thing was annoying. Anyways...Your super cute. With all your little picture and what not. Not at all as nerdy as I expected and the snail and ox pictures are actually like really good. I approve of you and your blogging ways.
Post a Comment