I have a new obsession. It's called Dan In Real Life. It's a movie that came out a while ago starring Steve Carell and Juliette Binoche. It is awesome!!!! It's about a single dad and his three daughters and his family and what happens when he meets a wonderful woman...that he shouldn't like.
Here's the trailer:
Even more than the movie itself though I am ridiculously loving the music from it. The score and soundtrack were done almost exclusively by Sondre Lerche. He is brilliant. I might be in love with him (don't tell Nate). Here's a video someone made of my favorite song from the soundtrack.
To Be Surprised- Sondre Lerche
I think one of the things I love best about this movie and soundtrack are that they remind me of my Dad. When I was growing up as the evening was winding down we would often be in the living room with the lights dimmed or off just listening to music. This is where I learned to love so many artists: Natalie Merchant, Hall & Oats, Take 6, musical soundtracks, Tom Petty, and a million others. These are some of my favorite memories. Sometimes Dad would want to dance too but I'm not much of a dancer so we mostly stuck to listening. I miss that wind down time. That's what this music reminds me of.
The movie itself reminds me of my Dad simply because it's a movie about a dad and 3 daughters. My dad has 4 girls, no boys. I never heard him complain about that. While my mom often lamented that she had always wanted sons my Dad would always respond to those (really rude) comments about how he must be so disappointed to not have boys with some remark about how he preferred his girls and wasn't really interested in sons. We knew that he loved us more than any old stinky boys and that is just what a girl needs. :). Anyway enjoy the music and if you haven't seen it yet definitely rent Dan in Real Life.
3 comments:
I have a Sondre Lerche CD. it doesn't have that song on it, but I love it. It puts me in a mellow, happy mood.
I am jealous. I need a copy! I'll trade you for a copy of the Dan in Real Life Soundtrack. :)
I *heart* Dan in Real Life!! Every bit of it is FANTASTIC! But my favorite of all the parts are "You're the murderer of love!" and when he sings at the talent show! Awww... melts my heart! I haven't seen it in at least a month, time to watch it again!!
Post a Comment