Monday, August 18, 2008

30 Seconds to Mars - !parental advisory!

Ok so I had promised myself I would do a real post before posting another music video but I had to indulge myself a little this morning. Apparently 30 Second to Mars is being sued by their label, Virgin Records, for failing to deliver the 3 records required by their contract. Way Sad!!! I have a huge emo crush on Jared Leto, starting way back in the 90's when he was in My So-Called Life. This is one of my favorite videos of theirs (come on let yourself be emo enough to think he's hot) patterned after The Shining.

I am putting an advisory on this one! It is a little rocked out for some of you and has one scene in the video that, if you understand it, could be rather questionable.

30 Seconds to Mars - The Kill


***** Quick note on the Shining- While I understand this video and it has much more meaning for me since I've seen the Shining, I am not recommending it. I first saw it when I was in 3rd or 4th grade because my baby sitter looked through my folks videos and said "Oh I've heard of this, it's a good kids video" and then proceeded to leave the room to talk on the phone to her boyfriend or something. We were left alone to be totally traumatized and fear Jack Nicholson for years without knowing why (PS I have a similar fear of Tom Petty and the Mad Hatter but that's a different story). I have seen this edited (as if for TV) and it was still scary but watchable- unedited it's totally not worth it and will probably scar you.

1 comment:

Almostgreat said...

I think being left to watch it alone as a small child has traumatized you for life. I did not watch the Shining until I was in at least my late teens (probably later... you know my dad) I watched it at a friends house or after I moved out. I LOVE IT. I think it a great work of suspense and slight horror compared to todays movies. But, I didn't watch it when I was young and impressionable.