Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm not embarassed...


It's true. I really like Twilight. I loved the books, I like the teenage girl focused movie. I like the soundtrack. Overall it's all (as my sister-in-law Josie said) Mormon Porn. There's something very compelling in the story although it's not really a stretch from the average romance. It's just good. It speaks to you. I'll wait to write about Stephanie Meyer until I've read The Host so I know if I like her style no matter what the genre but I'd recommend the books and movie to anyone. I loved the characters in the movie, especially all the minor ones. The background people were way fun in the movie.

So...what are you waiting for??? Go read them or see the movie. Don't take it all too seriously. Just have fun.

And to get you in the mood here's my favorite song from the soundtrack:

Iron & Wine - Flightless Bird, American Mouth

3 comments:

angeliclenore said...

I have not read the books... Is that ok to say?? I mean, I am female,LDS, AND I live in Utah! I think I am the ONLY one who has not. I do have it on my ipod, so someday! It sounds great (or at least really good)!

whit said...

I fell in love with the books like every other person out there. I'm interested to see the movie! Have a happy thanksgiving!

Aubrey said...

I agree - loved the movie and loved the books. And you are going to love The Host. I might even like it better than the Twilight books. I am now a devout fan of Stephenie Meyer and will probably read anything with her name on the book.