Monday, March 23, 2009

New Layout

So not my normal style but I just wanted something bright and springy.

3 comments:

AlfreySlice said...

Oh my goodness, I love it!! What a cute little snail and ox! They look way more compatible now. What I would really like to see though, is what their children would look like... a snail with horns and hooves?

A said...

Okay, so the background is adorable, but while we're on the topic of your blog and it's formatting, I have a query for you.

What's up with the title? "snails and Ox's"? Why is "Ox" a proper noun, but not "snail"? And why is there a possessive 's' on Ox, indicating this blog belongs to Ox/Nate, while "snails" has a plural 's', merely indicating there are multiple snails about.

I offer you these less confusing alternatives:
Snail's and Ox's - A blog belonging to you (Snail) and Nate (Ox)
Snails and Oxen - A blog themed after slimy bugs and large animals

snail's and ox's would not be acceptable, as it would indicate the blog belongs to some random snail and ox. Also, all words in titles--apart from articles, of course--must be capitalized. This is the same reason that snails and oxen would not be acceptable.

And, yes, I do enjoy picking on you. You don't give me the opportunity to do it very often. <3

And you'd better answer your phone when I return your call tomorrow!

L said...

Dear Amanda,

Please stop being jealous of my genius grammar and spelling. Snails is proper I just chose to represent that by having the 'L' in it be upper case not the 's'. I decide what I think are the best possessives and plurals. Years from now students will study about my revolutionary ideas.

or...I just really didn't want to use oxen and didn't care that much about the rest.

Viva la grammar la Brandielle!