Actually, I'm a little embarrassed I let it build up like this- it's really freakishly easy.
You start with your corned beef.
Put it (and the seasoning packet in with it) in a large pot filled with approx 3 gallons of water. Bring it to a boil and simmer it for about 3-4 hours. A foam will start to form on top.
You can skim it off if you want, I never bother.While this is boiling you'll want to start to cut up your veggies. Carrots and potatoes cut in chunks a little bigger than bite sized.
Cabbage heads cut in halves or quarters. About 30 minutes before you plan to serve up the food you'll add the potatoes, carrots and cabbage. If your pot it too small you may want to remove the corned beef and put it in the oven on warm while you cook the veggies. Check for done-ness at 20 minutes and cook until firm but easily cut with a fork or butter knife.
Serve with vinegar, horseradish or good mustard. And maybe some yummy soda bread.PS As Amanda mentioned a couple post before, those who really love St Patrick's Day plan life events around it. If you're really in love consider getting married on St Patrick's Day - all the coolest people do.
Happy Anniversary My Love!
2 comments:
Cute anniversary- on St. Patty's?!? No wonder you love it so much. I don't like people who say, "I'm cool- I'm not going to wear green" Lame- just do it! Thanks for all your many ideas and traditions you shared!
Happy Anniversary. I thought of you two on St. Patrick's Day.
Post a Comment