Thursday, May 21, 2009

Save me from little boys...

Why is it since the minute I found out I was having a boy that all little boys I've encountered have been much more annoying?
Seriously I'm usually pretty easy going about most things little boys do- I like bugs and snakes spiders and slimy animals, I don't care if they get dirty as long as they don't mind me spraying them with a hose, doesn't matter to me where they wipe their buggers as long as it's not on my person, complaining about hunger leads me to tell them things like 'eating grass is totally healthy for 7 year olds', I think sticking out your tongue is funny etc. This lack of care has helped me deal with Cub Scouts when I really have no idea what I'm doing.
However, since I found out I'm pregnant with a boy, every little boy has gone out of his way to annoy me. I have 2 things I still have very little patience with- whining and rude comments (especially to me). Look I lived through Jr. High; I shouldn't have to hear any brat kids say rude things to me.
Last night it was as if every boy I ran into exemplified these two characteristics. They were all whiny and rude. One little boy literally asked dumb people to raise their hands and then came over to me and raised my hand. Is it natural that it was only pregnancy laziness that kept me from smacking him while standing in the church kitchen?
I remember once a kid at our house was being quite a jerk to everyone. At one point he came up behind me and put me in a choke hold. I leaned forward and pulled on his body and he ended up on the ground on his back. He didn't give me much sass after that. What age difference makes that unacceptable? Can I do it now? I really think little boys would be nicer to me once I got to pound them a time or two- after all it worked on my sisters when they were younger...

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Love thw clevage!

Amanda said...

Throw them! Just toss them on their bums! If that hand-raising kid would've done that to me I would've called his mother right then and told her she needs to remove him from my presence. I do that when I cover the detention room frequently.

Tim, Anna, and Abram Denney said...

I have had the same experience except with girls. It seems like every little girl I meet is a bossy little brat! And to top it off I have had a lot of people say, "Oh, two girls! Boys are soooo much easier!"