Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Dear Work,

You told me when we changed my position from part time to full that if we needed to change it back later we could. You lied.

I talked to my supervisor, she talked to her supervisor. I was going to go back to work part time. I went into the 'firm up details' meeting to find out the next supervisor up said full time or nothing. The feeling was 'shut up and be grateful you have a job'.

Guess what???

No job is worth me being away from my Peanut 50 hours a week (working and driving). We'll do what we can to make the money work. I will see my baby grow up. I will be there for all the important milestones. I will NOT spend 80% of my working time working just to pay child care.

Nehemiah 6:3

And I sent messengers unto them, saying, I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down: why should the work cease, whilst I leave it, and come down to you?

4 comments:

Plum said...

Aww, lookit the Peanut. He looks like you in that picture. Mostly the fat face.

GlowWorm said...

amen!! p.s. what a cute peanut!

Aubrey said...

Yah, totally not worth it. (and that really doesn't surprise me about your workplace...) Said good-bye to work too, I just couldn't justify spending time away from my little one, especially when they are that small! And they grow-up so fast that first year.

I hope everything works out and let me know if you need anything, even if it's someone to talk to, because I really do understand.

whitney said...

Good luck with the transition, it can be kind of rough. I don't blame you a bit for quitting though. Good for you! Your job can easily be filled...the role of mommy to little peanut, not so much.