2. Apparently a lot of my friends were also huge slackers on updating their blogs this summer and so have decided to do uber-posts summing up the summer. Since I am apparently a follower I believe I will steal this idea and so am working on it now. Give me a couple days; remember I'm a slacker.
3. People talk about the terrible two's. I think part of what makes them so hard is that half to three quarters of the time two year olds are so frickin awesome that when they do behave the very opposite of awesome it's like a blow to the psyche. Peanut is awesome! And yet my main daily goal is for me to not kill him before Ox gets home.
4. My favorite things about my Peanut right now:
- Talks about himself in the third person as if narrating his own life. This morning, while playing in the pool (we were tigers at the time) he said, "The boy tiger needs help getting up the slide". Why is that so funny to me?
- Has started giving kisses again (for a while they were gross), gives "humungous" hugs, cuddles, tells me I'm great, tells me he loves me, tells me I'm the best mama ever (although usually I'm the best mama ______ ever, as in tiger, t rex etc)
- Is very decisive on who he is. He is NOT whatever nickname you want to call him. He is Big Boy, Or a multitude of animals or creatures but NOT pal or buckaroo or 'see you later alligator' etc. He wants to choose his identity.
- Loves reading still. All the time.
- Has gotten back on the teeth-brushing band wagon.
- Loves dinosaurs, insects, animals and the human skeleton.
6. Sometimes the answer is still no, even when you use the word please. So why do we use it? Seems worthless to me if it is in no way magical. *things i have realized by teaching them to my child*
7. Little Cat (the parasite in my uterus) is very active. She warns me she is getting hungry by kicking me repeatedly about 15 minutes before the time I normally eat. Peanut has tried to tell her kicking is not allowed but she doesn't seem to feel the rules apply to her. Also she is healthy and doing well. Half the time Peanut tells me she is baby Simba. I think he will be disappointed when she is born without fur and claws, although I usually imagine her as a tiger doing her best to put one paw on my bladder, one on my spine, one shoving my stomach up into my esophagus and the other trying to kick it's way out through the front of my belly, all at the same time. Also I think sometimes she is head butting me.
8. A billion people I know are pregnant right now, including three of my sisters-in-law. This happened last time I was pregnant too. Crazy busy beginning of the year. ;)
Peanut is done entertaining himself and wants to sit on my lap. Since that usually results in him hitting buttons and accidentally elbowing me in the stomach I will have to stop typing now.
3 comments:
#6 is Lances favorite excuse / realization too. If he asks me to please do something (like go get him a glass of water when we are both just sitting around and he is perfectly capable of doing it himself) and I say no, he says, "Well, now that I know please doesn't work, I'll never say it again!"
Oh, I do so love this post. I love little snippets of pure personality. My blog should have them more often :)
ps-sorry about your old people neighbors. boo! for a mean, whiny, smoker lady!
I'm not pregnant. Just so you know.
Post a Comment