Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dear Peanut,

While everyone in the world has been increasingly demanding about when you should descend, in a sticky, cheesy mess, from my uterus, I have been more accommodating. I told you to stay in there until you were ready. Relax. Grow. And when your lungs are working and you're tired of your feet being squished up in between my ribs, lungs and other internal organs, to come out and play with me and your Dad.

I have changed my mind. I am currently still working. I will stop working in less than a week and a half. You will wait until I have had a couple of days of vacation before you come! This morning you were causing me some pain and it took everything in me to continue getting ready for work and drive in. Please stop this. In a week and a half when you cause me pain I can lounge around in my underroos and try to get comfortable. And while I will actually be farther away from the hospital while at home, I will be closer to your father- which is how I want it.

I appreciate that the ultrasound tech didn't see any reason for alarm at the ultrasound yesterday and yet let me know you were just a little small. This is acceptable. It is not acceptable to come before your lungs work and I've had a chance to clean the kitchen floor. I know you don't care but it makes a big difference to me. Should you disobey me be prepared to live out your first several days in the bathroom, since that is the only room I've gotten close to being clean enough. You can sleep in the tub.

Remember, Mommy loves you. Please mind her!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love it- You better listen up peanut!! With my experience with Josh, I would read my pregnancy book and it would say "If your baby was born now, he would survive" and I would think- well then why aren't they born now at 36 weeks?? Well I learned my lesson. Josh was always measuring small and then he came 2 weeks early. He was 4 pounds 10 ounces- he had a knot in his cord and it was wrapped around his neck 4 times! Poor kid was starving. So he was born early- but had to stay in the hospital for a week. That sucked. Now I learned that it is ok for the baby to stay in AS LONG AS IT WANTS- but please help mommy stay comfortable and to get a few days break. I sure hope Peanut is very obedient- I'm sure he is.

Plum said...

Dear Peanut,

If you try to sneak out before the evening of September 30th (at the earliest), I will personally come and shove you back in. I hear squeezing out that hole into the bright and cold world isn't that pleasant, so I'm sure you won't want to do it twice.

Also, I might bite you. Babies are delicious.

Lots of love,
Your Favorite Non-Aunt

Aubrey said...

Good luck with everything. If I was up there I would offer to help out somehow - instead I will just send good mojo that Peanut is obedient. :)