In your 2nd trimester the doctor starts measuring fundal height. Fundal height is the measure from the top of your pubic bone to the top of the uterus. The distance in centimeters should match pretty closely with the number of weeks pregnant you are. i.e. 30 weeks pregnant should have a fundal height of about 30 cm. This number can be +/- about 2 cm and still be considered normal.At my 34 week checkup I measured right on the dot. At this last check up (36 week) I was still measuring 34 cm. This is still in the normal range but the lack of any change and the fact that I gained no weight in the last 2 weeks resulted in my doctor and I deciding to do an additional ultrasound to make sure everything is still fine. This will take place next Wednesday (Sept 9th).
Again let me remind you (and my subconscious) that we are still in the normal limit. Everything is probably fine. The Mayo Clinic gives the following possible no-stress reasons for a smaller than normal fundal height:
- a tall or thin frame (uh... oh well, not that one)
- well-conditioned abdominal muscles (hahahahahahahah)
- a baby prematurely descending into the pelvis (not sure???)
Next let me tell you of the bad mojo I have had this last week...
(ps who can name this book???)I ripped the button off my maternity pants packet, had to remove my underwear in a grocery store bathroom, burned my finger, dropped my potato in cat hair, gave bad mojo to an entire bagel store, got raisin bagels in my baker's dozen (ewww!), got a random cut on my foot that bled like crazy, had to park way far away from my building in a spot I wasn't sure was legal and lost poker to Nate (meaning he got an additional book this month and I didn't!). :(
On a brighter side I have melons! I planted, in the desperate attempt to grow anything in my garden this year, some watermelon and cantaloupe plants way late. They have baby melons on them! Here's a pic of the largest melon:
farther away cantaloupe
We got a new washing machine! The one we had was one we got from a lady at church, who had gotten it from a man at her work. It was old and made a lot of noise (some balancing issue inside) and didn't clean super well. We decided that since we're doing cloth diapers we needed a good machine that actually cleaned. It is beautiful and wonderful and we love it.
Last night we tried out the sanitary option on our dirty rags. They came out so clean and good-smelling! (although it did take 3 hours. holy hannah! not to be used often!)
Plus one outfit of Peanut's had accidentally fallen into that basket without us noticing. It was so fun to fold little Peanut clothes. Made me 'miss' him- and he's sitting on my bladder right now. Yes I'm a sap.
Oh well, as long as this doesn't happen...
4 comments:
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No-good, very bad Day! One of my favorite books of all time. Sorry about your bad mojo and I'm sure Peanut is just taking his mommy into consideration and staying small for her. :)
Peanut is trying to chillax on the growing to be sure he gets there on October 1st. He's such a considerate baby.
I'm all for you planning on having peanut w/o meds, I just recommend you don't turn your back on them completely. Especially with a hubby the size of Nate compared to the size of you. I used meds for Madi. It made it super easy & she's turned out great. So, prop to you for trying w/o. You're braver than I am.
Peanut's taking it easy one you. Enjoy it while it lasts. : )
Alexander is one of my very favorite books!
Post a Comment