Friday, June 20, 2008

Favorite Author Fridays - Patricia Briggs



Patricia Briggs is one of my favorite 'comfortable reading' authors right now. This means her vocab isn't too high (but not too low either), her stories are engaging, there's not too much gratuitous sex or violence and I find myself drawn to the characters. She's not a writer of literature really but she does tell a good story.



I love her Moon Called series, which is modern set werewolf/vampire fantasy. They're a step up maturity-wise from Stephanie Meyers but way tamer than Laurel K. Hamilton. Her publisher has recently been re-releasing some of her earlier novels which I've really enjoyed. My favorite of her stories is probably The Hob's Bargain. It's one of her older stories I discovered years ago and I find myself rereading it surprisingly often. It's a love story I guess but just a little left of normal so it's not too boring.


Here's her bibliography (once again ones in red I've read and would recommend):

Novels

Sianim Series

  • Masques (1993)
  • Steal the Dragon (1995)
  • When Demons Walk (1998)

Hurog Duology

  • Dragon Bones (2003)
  • Dragon Blood (2003)

Raven Duology

  • Raven's Shadow (2004)
  • Raven's Strike (2005)

Mercedes Thompson Series

  • Moon Called (2006)
  • Blood Bound (2007)
  • Iron Kissed (January 2008)
  • Bone Crossed (expected February 2009)

Alpha and Omega Series

  • Story started in Alpha and Omega in On the Prowl
  • First novel, Cry Wolf (2008)

Stand-alone novels

  • The Hob's Bargain (2001)

Anthology Contributions

No comments: