
tear down their fence (they were the friends who watched all 4 of our dogs at their house while we were gone for Thanksgiving last year so they could ask me for a kidney and I'd be happy to give it to them). Anyway, we'd only been there a few minutes when Nate was trying to jiggle a post we had to take out and it broke off. He went flying and hit a metal post in their neighbor's yard. He has this to show for it.

I didn't get any bruises or even a sunburn but it's been so long since I did any sustained physical labor I went home and slept for like 4 hours. It was sooo nice.
Right after the fence project Nate and I went to see the new Hulk movie. I don't know what to say about it except that I thought it was just ok but Nate liked it so I guess it was worth it.
I also just harvested our fist yellow squash out of out garden. YEA!!!!

Ok and now here is really the best story from the last couple of days...
Several weeks ago Nate got us a bread maker off of freecycle.org. At school I used to make my own bread and rolls pretty often but with school and work and the lack of kneading space in my kitchen I hadn't been making any for Nate so he decided while bread maker bread isn't quite as good as homemade bread it is better than store bought bread.
So the day before yesterday Nate made bread. He added all the ingredients and it ran through the whole cycle and then finally yesterday we got around to actually trying to eat it. We were watching a movie in the living room and Nate grabbed the bread maker pan to get out the bread. The problem is this:

See that weird blade thing in the bottom? that's what stirs/kneads the bread but it also makes it very difficult to get bread out. the baked bread sticks to that blade and so you spend a lot of time pulling and thumping and being very irritated trying to get your bread out. Anyway so Nate struggled with it for several minutes and finally got it out. He set it down on a plate on the couch. He was really excited to have an egg salad sandwich on his super yummy bread. But...it was time to switch the laundry at his parent's house (yes we still do laundry at his folks one day I will have the amazing ability to do laundry in my own home but that day has not come yet). He asked me to make the egg salad out of the eggs he had just boiled and have it ready for him when he got back.
I made the egg salad, put it in the fridge and then went to take a bath. A while later I heard Nate pull up and the dogs bark because they're glad he's home. I hear Nate open the door. I can hear the dogs pretty loud so I figure Nate decided to let them in. But then I hear the yelling...
Turns out Nate did not let the dogs in. They got excited and pushed open the back door that we hadn't completely closed. Cali ran in to her favorite spot by the love seat and lo and behold there was a treat just for her - a whole loaf of bread. I mean it had to be for her because human food is usually on the table. So she grabbed it (before the other dogs could) and ran for the back door. Nate saw her and was way mad. He was so sad he lost his bread and his sandwiches he was looking forward to. He actually got the bread from her but wasn't going to eat it now. Here's a pic of what was left for my poor snuggly.

I of course thought it was pretty funny but don't tell Nate. :)
Now for fun a cute, blurry pic of one of the kittens.

They are just started to get playful and wrassle with each other. I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment