- He lightens my load, cheers my heart, unburdens my psyche... I have a tendency to get bogged down in monotony and routine. Nate shakes me out of that and helps brighten my entire visage. I definitely need that, although (as is obvious from this paragraph) I have a difficult time conveying to him how much I appreciate it.
- He makes me laugh- out loud. He tells a lot of lame jokes, and a few funny ones. He had a little kid's know-I've-been-naughty face that absolutely cracks me up. He shares with me things that happened at work or that he heard about that are just funny and he makes me laugh out loud.
- He is an amazing father. I don't personally know anyone else who is so active in their role as father. When Gibson was first born I had to beg to get to hold my own baby, because Nate always wanted to hold him. I often forget how much he does until he's not available and I have to go to church, put Gibson to bed, feed Gibson dinner alone. Nate sings Gibson and I to sleep every night.
- He thinks, and tells me all the time, that I am sexy. Sometimes I find it hard to believe he can find the occasionally put together girl he married in my down trodden mom look but he does and reminds me there's a woman inside this mom.
- He helps people. I'm honestly ashamed to admit that a good majority of our fight are about him wanting to help someone out and me being irritated he can't spend every moment at home. He actively participates in church, scouts, blood drives, work service, and the general helping out of people. He stops for people on the road. He helps make the lives of those around him easier.
- While being totally involved in child-rearing, he supports my crazy hippy ideas and takes full part: co-sleeping, cloth diapers, baby signing, homemade cleaning products etc. He believes I've done the research and that I have the instinct.
- He fixes things. He finds broken things and fixes them. He riggs things to work. He is mechanically minded, and I think that's hot.
To my husband: I love you! Happy Anniversary!
3 comments:
Happy Anniversary you two! I love that picture of you guys and I'm glad that you married Nate because it made you automatic friends with me. :) (Selfish, I know).
So I was telling Todd about this post, and how glad it made me that Nate married someone who can see all of these good (and true) qualities that he has. Then Todd said, "The thing about Nate is that he is just a really NICE person. He's about as nice as they come."
Yay! Happy Anniversary! I hope you had a fun day. :)
Post a Comment