Thursday, March 31, 2011

Reasons I Love This Picture...








































For those who don't know the subjects, this is Jeanne (the Ox's mom) and 2 of her grandkids, Cal and Madi, who are (obviously) Peanut's cousins. Onto reasons I love it:
  • Well, the obvious, Jeanne is slightly stuck at the bottom of a huge slide in the middle of 2 of her grandkids. 
  • The juxtaposition between Jeanne's expression and Cal's.
  • That Jeanne only has one shoe on. The other came down a few moments earlier with Peanut. 
  • The fact that to get to this point Jeanne has to convince Madi and actually carry both Cal and Peanut up 8 billion stairs to the top of this slide. She not only signed up for this, she had to work for it. 
  • That Gibson was unconcerned and rode by himself, missing the pile-up. 
  • That it is the first picture of Madi I've posted. I don't mean to exclude her it just hasn't happened until this moment. 
 The thing I love best about this picture is that it is one moment of an awesome day. I never thought I would love living near my in-laws (not them specifically but any in-laws) but I do. I love that Peanut has a great relationship with both of them and has 2 people besides Ox and I that he feels totally comfortable with.

In addition to this I now have my sister-in-law, Rachel and her family living within 35 miles. Her kids, Madi, Cal and Katie are perfect ages to play with Peanut and for him to learn about cousin relationships with. Plus, she's fun. Grammie Jeanne, Rachel, Madi, Cal, Katie, Peanut and I all fit perfectly in the van and can ride together all over on adventures as we did this day, going to the Oklahoma Science Museum.

Life is good.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love it too!!!

Aubrey said...

Yay for family and that is such a great picture - it captures such a happy moment.