Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Notes Without Opposible Thumbs

* The nurse came in with a pain pill prescription when discharging me. I asked if it could be safely taken while breast feeding. She left, came back with the answer, "Better save this as a last resort"...I'm guessing that means no???

* When my 4 am, left-handed rewrapping of my injury is more effective than the nurses I worry for ER care in this area.

* Ox braided my hair this morning. It looked better than normal. Is that awesome for him or embarrassing for me?

* Driving a manual car is surprisingly easy. Turning it on and off surprisingly difficult.

* Peanut seems unrepentant. Should I beat him more?

* I am grateful for awesome health insurance. It was only 3 stitches but our trip to the emergency room only cost $50 and even that came out of a tax-free flex-spending account.

* Ox went in late to work this morning to help get Peanut and I up and off to Institute class. My mother-in-law helped get Peanut in and out of the car at class. I am well taken care of.

* Hardest thing to do today? Pull the heavy feather duvet over Peanut and I for our nap. Succeeded in straining my injured squishy place and punching myself in the face.

* Threw out yesterday's black bean burgers. Instructed Ox in making new black bean burgers. Forgot to add garlic. Still delicious.

Best part of injury- not allowed to do dishes. Hmmm might be worth it.

PS Anyone who comments on how I can still manage to do dishes will be punched the next time I see them. Distance is not a factor; I have a long memory for punching.

5 comments:

GlowWorm said...

Yay for Ox's super skills and helpfullness. On time I cut my hand and didn't do dishes for 2-3 days. but I didn't have stitches. You should definitely wait 2-3 weeks!

GlowWorm said...

ps thanks for the recipe. I'll be trying it, minus the blood

Aubrey said...

Love the flex-spending account, it is my friend. I think you should milk it for all its worth - don't do the dishes as long as possible.

Sheena said...

You are amazing at writing. So stinking funny, even through drama. When I grow up I want to be just like you! FYI, James had to sit down and not finish your post... too squirmy of a stomach. Boy has he gone down hill eh? Love you, hope all is well.

Plum said...

BJ's better at braiding hair than I am too. Doesn't even have to be my own.

I hope you get a nice scar that you can guilt Peanut with forever and ever, especially since you can't really show him the damage he did to your vagina.