So yesterday I wasn't feeling so hot so I was sitting in the comfy chair watching ***dirty secret alert*** Roswell on DVD.
All of a sudden I smelled sour cream and had uncontrollable vomiting for several minutes, all over the blanket I was snuggling with. When it calmed down Nate took the blanket to be washed and I went to the bathroom to vomit some more and then brush my teeth.
Later that night I was talking to my sister and she said something about me being a "sickly pregnant person". I wondered if I was. I don't feel that I'm overly sickly. Morning sickness has been sporadic, for which I'm very grateful. I had some extreme tiredness early on but not for too long. I do have a cracked rib (or something) and bronchitis but that's hardly Peanut's fault.
I remember young women's leaders who were pregnant who couldn't wear any shoes but flip flops pretty early on because their legs/feet were so swollen, or who were on bed rest and couldn't lift their toddlers. I can still work and go to school etc.
I think what I need are some good old-fashioned pregnancy horror stories. Please share them with me. They can be yours or your friends or your moms etc.
And PLEASE don't feel the need to make it sound ok or fun, or to tell me in long sentences how it was all worth it. I know it's all worth it. I'm not complaining about being pregnant I just don't love some of the symptoms- and I don't think that's a huge deal.
So share...you know you want to.PS Also not especially ready for labor stories - I've got a while.
5 comments:
One night Kellie made us spaghetti for dinner, and as soon as we sat down to eat she took a deep breath... and puked. Fetal-Nicole did not like spaghetti.
My friend at work, Michelle, is due in June and she had to train her students to line up outside quietly whenever she bolted from the room. They were very nice about it for being evil little punks.
Mom's cousin Holly was a waaaaay sicky pregnant lady. She couldn't hold down even water and had to stay in the hospital. As long as you're not as bad off as her I think you're okay.
Personally, I think Peanut just wants more attention (and ice cream and foot rubs) from Daddy.
I made david tuna fish fixins one time for lunch. sealed it in an air tight container and waited for him to come home so we could eat sandwiches and chips. When he got home I got the tuna fish out of the fridge and opened the container, oh that was not the smell I wanted to smell. I ran to the bathroom and told david to make his own sandwich.
and do you know how many times I peed my pants as time went on. Esp. with aubrey. I would walk home from work and get all the way to the door and wham, I would pee all over myself. made me so mad!! I had lots of showers that winter. David thought it was so funny that he took a picture.
My biggest problems happened later in the pregnancy. Like, how he insisted on kicking me in my ribs on the right side, or how I couldn't breathe, and the heartburn - oh the heartburn. And then there was the whole sitting in a desk chair for 12-13 hours a day including classes. By the end of the day my whole body was numb and tingly.
And let's not forget the unasked for advice you will receive from EVERYONE. And the mood swings - remember me telling you how I cried over making an egg? The best part though are the stares you get from all the sorority chicks like you have some disease that is contagious by touch.
The whole point of being pregnant is that you have the right to whine and complain about it. And we all love to listen and tell you how sorry we are--even though we and you are actually overjoyed about the fact that you have a peanut.
I don't ever throw up when I'm pregnant, I just spend all day feeling like I might throw up any minute. So that sucks.
The best thing to do is go over to your Mom-in-laws' house and loll about on the sofa looking miserable until she invites you to stay for dinner. Dinner that you don't have to cook is always easier to eat than dinner you had to chop and/or smell while it cooked.
what gets me through it is a lady I visit teach. Every pregnancy, In the 1st tri- she is so sick, she pukes about 16 times a day & eventually has to be hospitalized to keep fluids down. poor thing is prego right now with her 5th. I've never been close to that sick. When I do feel ultimate crappy, I think of her. If she can go through that 5times, I can handle my occasional nausa spouts & discomforts. Good luck... I'm right there with ya!
Post a Comment