Ok so don't stop sending your pregnancy stories- I love them. They really lift my spirits and remind me that the craziest/hardest things on my mission are now my best mission stories. My vomit stories will one day just crack me up -without making me nauseous again ;).
However the real purpose of this post is stealing a quote from another site. My friend Laurel went to the Conference on Family Life at BYU just recently and listed some things that touched her. This was my favorite:
"Just as a mother's body may be permanently marked with the signs of pregnancy and childbirth, [the savior] said, 'I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands' (1 Nephi 21: 15-16). For both a mother and the Savior, those marks memorialize a wrenching sacrifice--the sacrifice of begetting life--for her, physical birth; for him, spiritual rebirth." by Bruce C. Hafen
As I am getting ready to receive my first real marks of sacrifice (besides the stretch marks on my boobs caused by going from a nothing to a c-cup in 8th grade) I found this quote really empowering. Whoo hoo for getting all stretched out!
1 comment:
Oh I love that quote. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment