
I'd like to share 2 stories:

1. A couple Saturdays ago I went on an Ornithology field trip. I talked Nate into going with me (& carrying my stuff).

Once there we ran into an acquaintance from my ASL 4 class who ended up hanging out with us.

I used my fatness/pregnancy as an excuse to hike slower, rest more often and, in general, take it easy.

Once the acquaintance found out I was preggo she and Nate traded off helping me up steep parts, helping me down steep parts, holding my stuff and overall acting as well-mannered servants.

It was quite nice.

2. Last Friday on my way to my car I was walking with a friend from work.

We were chatting and as we were getting to the parking lot she asked if I needed help.

I was a little slow on the uptake and was looking confused when she said she guessed I was doing just fine.

She explained she was wondering if she needed to help me down the 'stairs'- 2 very shallow cement steps.

It was at this point I realized I had made it.

I had reached the point (especially in the dress I was wearing) where the shape of my stomach suggested pregnancy- not just fatness...

I had reached the point where the world was filled with my slaves!!!

Now some of you will deny this but it is true- once you are visibly pregnant people will do almost anything for you.

Before I was pregnant I can guarantee that if a pregnant stranger asked me to carry her groceries, paint her toenails, take care of her kid, or feed her anything- I would have done it.

Why? BECAUSE SHE WAS PREGNANT!

She was a sacred vessel and all I had in my stomach was Taco Bell (PS name that movie).

Anyway so now I have reached this point and all I can say is "BWA HA HA!!!" (evil villain laugh)

You are all my slaves (except those of you also visibly pregnant).

Be prepared to do my bidding!
3 comments:
This is my favorite post ever. I can't believe you look pregnant already! I wanna seeeeeeee!!!
Hahaha - I don't really recall anyone asking me if I needed help down stairs. I do remember people telling me not to take the stairs so as not to hurt myself or the baby. And I definitely had a lot more opening doors for me. And Carlin was my slave. I can't wait to see how cute you look at book club next week.
Ahh, you just made my day. Gotta love the built-in excuse to act whiny and desperately starving night or day.
Good times, good times.
Post a Comment