Friday, April 17, 2009

The Wonder Fruit

So yesterday I said to myself, I said, “L, this vomiting thing is getting ridiculous. You must stop. Pay attention to your body and decide on something you can eat tonight that will make it happy.” So I thought and decided that watermelon was the magic food that would make me better.

“Jim dear”, I said “I would like to eat watermelon tonight. Please make this happen.”


He said, “Yes, Darling”.

Honestly though, I really did decide watermelon was what I wanted so we went to the grocery store and got both a cut up quarter of watermelon and one of those baby whole watermelons.

Then we went to Ox’s parents to bring them some church-related things and I ate my whole baby watermelon there (the cut one was icky). Yes, the entire thing. Don’t judge me.

And I did magically feel better. I was even able to eat the crust of the pizza Jeanne had made. Yummy!

So now I wonder…I thought watermelon for pregnant women was a cliché. You know Lady and the Tramp, winter time, a fruit almost impossible to get in the winter = a tiny jab at how demanding and ridiculous pregnant women are.

However, now I believe. This morning I woke up feeling as good as I ever have pre-parasite.

Watermelon is the wonder fruit!

PS I will expect regular shipments of watermelon to start being delivered by my best and closest friends and family.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I hear you there! When I was prego w/Madi I ate tons of junk food. If I tried to eat healthy I felt sick. One day we were at the gracery store and out of no where I craved watermelon. Carson bought me 2 huge precut bowls of it. I downed one on the way home and ate the other the next day. From that point on I couldn't get enough fruit!

Amanda said...

I've always considered watermelon a magical fruit. No matter how oogie you feel it'll make you feel good.