
if the mention of Harry Potter makes you sick you may skip this post.

First let me say this past week/weekend Nate and I rewatched all the old Harry Potter movies. I enjoyed it and yet it reminded me why after loving the books, it took me years to watch any of the movies. I just struggle with book to movie adaptations. However it was fun to rewatch them all quickly in a row (I always reread a book series right before the next book comes out).

On to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince... I liked it. It is maybe my least favorite of the books but was probably my favorite of the movies (my favorite book is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban- which is by far my least favorite movie). It was dark, but so is the book. I think they kept reasonably close to the book and the acting has definately improved (which you expect of actors starting young in a series). Without getting spoiler-ish I can just say overall I was very pleased.

Now I talked about it with my friend Bryan at lunch and he was not a fan. It was his least favorite of the movies. Here's the difference- he hadn't read the books. He is judging solely on the movies.

So my question is whether you've read the books or not and then, what your feelings on the latest movie are. I wonder if opinions will be similarly devided based on familiarity of the books themselves...
4 comments:
GLad you got to see the movie- I probably won't get a chance until it comes out- I still haven't seen the last one. Prisoner of Azkaban was my favorite book too! I think it is lame when people give poor reviews of the movie if they haven't even read the book. Of course it is dark! The book was on of the darkest yet! Sheesh- what did you expect- right? I also think it was awesome that you watched them all before. I can't wait to see it.
The best part of this post (besides the shout out to me of course) is the statement, "If the mention of Harry Potter makes you sick you may skip this post."
LOL.
I love the books and this movie was definitely my favorite. Even though the book is not necessarily my favorite. That's my vote. We went with a couple of people who hadn't read the books and they said they were a little lost... Which I can honestly understand.
And P.S. - I was rather disappointed in the Ginny/Harry kissing scene.
Post a Comment