Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Frontier City and Miguel

Saturday my sister Amber's fiance, Miguel turned 24!!! To celebrate we went (with free tickets courtesy of Wendy) to Frontier City. It was Miguel's first time to an amusement park. He had never been on a roller coaster before or experienced all the craziness of lines and heat and annoying kids and fun. We were super excited to take him (although I admit to some jealousy since I LOVE roller coasters and couldn't go on much there). Here are some pics:

We start out in the car. Where are we going Miguel??? Surprise!!
The first ride...Diamondback. Yes he was scared and maybe we are jerks for making that his first roller coaster ever...
Crappy picture taken by park employee. You'd think basic camera skills would be part of the training.
Amber, leave that poor fake bison alone!
Quick Draw. You sit in a car and shot at things. Nate was ridiculously good at this, usually getting double what everyone else got. I did get to go on this ride.
The Carousel! Mighty spry for a 7 1/2 month pregnant woman!
Next, the log ride. I went on this too.
Surprisingly I felt fine on this spinney ride. Amber, however, almost vomited. Miguel spent a lot of time laughing (and probably a lot of time praying she didn't vomit straight on his shirt).
Bumper cars were next. Amber and I sat out- me, because of Peanut and her, because she was still feeling sick. But the boys had fun!
Somewhere around here we went out of the park and ate the sandwiches, pasta salad and fruit we brought. Nate made Miguel a dump cake with fresh peaches and blackberries- it was amazing!

Then there were some big rides I didn't go on and I begin to remember I was really pregnant and starting to get hot and sick and uncomfortable. I sat out for a bit.

Then we went on Renegade Rapids. It's a big tube, 8-seater ride through the water. We got soaked. Also we had a broken raft that didn't drain properly. This was gross for everyone else but allowed me to have my feet, up to my ankles, in cold water for several minutes. It totally revived me!

Somewhere around here I also got to the only employee that wouldn't let me on a ride. He never actually said no he just stammered and stuttered and looked so uncomfortable I felt sorry for him and left. It was the ride where you sit in an old car and drive around a track- ooooh the danger to my fetus!

Then Wendy showed up. She went with the boys on another spinney ride while Amber and I sat out. Amber couldn't even watch, it made her so nauseous.
Standing in line to go on the Rapids ride again. Wendy and Amber decided to make a happy face on my belly (it looks a little sinister)...
What happens when you've been standing in line too long and Amber has the camera:
Around here we went on the Pirate ship ride. Peanut was moving a lot as it got going. Then it got to the 'lifting your stomach into your chest' part and he stopped moving completely. As soon as it ended he went crazy! I'm not sure if he loved it or hated it but he definitely noticed!

Eruption for those not pregnant or too big...
Dinner at Red Robin completed the night. Happy Birthday Miguel!!!

No comments: