Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Why this is the best pregnancy ever!!!

1. I am not a teenager, in high school or living with my parents.

2. I am not single.

3. This pregnancy was planned and I am excited to have a baby.

4. I have a husband who is supportive and as excited as I am about the whole thing.

5. Even though it is over 105 degrees outside today I am working in an air conditioned office, actually a little chilly. I get to sit most of the day but can walk around if I need to.

6. I have no other children, meaning I have no one else to worry about, or carry around, or have to comfort when they're crying etc.

7. I have supportive family both on my husbands side and on my side.

8. I am able to get the food I need when I need it. This does not involve digging in a trash can.

9. I do not have gestational diabetes (ps remind me to post on how the gestational diabetes test should be labeled as torture and outlawed).

10. I am not: on bed rest, deathly ill, completely swollen, really old, really young.

11. I get to feel my baby move regularly. Last night I could feel an appendage through my belly button.

12. I have a home, a comfortable bed and an AC unit in the bedroom.

13. My baby is healthy and seemingly comfortable in his 5 star accommodations.

3 comments:

A said...

Don't forget that it's the first baby of a new generation in your family so it gets 200% more glee.

And that you're extra adorable pregnant.

Aubrey said...

Woohoo - fun times. You just reminded me why it is so exciting to be pregnant. Oh and I agree, the gestational diabetes test should be outlawed. Did you have to do the 3 hour test? I did and it sucked.

LauraD said...

Wait, you and Aubrey have me intrigued. What's so bad about the gestational diabetes test, and do you have to say yes to it?