Around the time I was 15 I was telling my Dad of how I was afraid of the Mad Hatter and Tom Petty, and how they were somehow linked in my mind. I thought this was just some weird quirk caused by my history of very vivid, crazy dreams. I learned otherwise- Tom Petty has a music video in which he plays the Mad Hatter, who cuts up Alice and eats her like a cake. Hence, my being traumatized for years.In the cartoon Disney version of Alice in Wonderland the Mad Hatter is a bit of a freak but nothing too alarming. However Disney has decided to remake this into a live action/computer animated movie where the Mad Hatter is every bit as freaky as I always feared (and played by Johnny Depp).
Why oh why are they doing this to me and millions of children around the world??? We were happy with our white-washed Mad Hatter who was amusing not therapy-inducing.
No comments:
Post a Comment