Kasey Chambers is an artist I discovered in Australia. I got her album, Barricades sand Brickwalls, there. She is marvelous! She has a style that could (and probably does) cross over into county and blues.Her only song I ever heard over here was her first big single, Not Pretty Enough. This is such a good song. Perfect break up or lonely without a boyfriend wallowing material.
Kasey Chambers - Not Pretty Enough
My favorite of her songs is the Nullarbor Song. It's full of tons of Australian imagery. When I hear this song I can SEE Australia and all the things I miss about it.
Kasey Chambers - Nullarbor Song
PS I didn't know what 'nullarbor' meant so I looked it up on wikipedia. Apparently, it's an area of Australia on the south part near the west (I was in Brisbane, Queensland which is on the east side towards the north).
Here's where it is:
See music info AND a geography lesson. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment