Friday, June 19, 2009

Happiest Lunch Ever

So today I decided, very last minute, to leave campus for lunch. I didn't have anything to bring from home and so I had to buy regardless and I really was tired of the building I work in.

So I asked Peanut what he wanted for lunch. He said a burger and cheese fries (he's not really up on healthy versus non-healthy food yet). I agreed that would be reasonable since we had both been so good this week and I'm still a little under normal weight gain as of my appt. Wednesday.

***Although I must say this has been my weirdest craving. Normally I hate melted cheese but cheese fries have been a wish list item, on and off again, for weeks now.***

There are two places in town with good burgers and cheese fries in Stillwater: Eskimo Joe's (within walking distance, always busy, usually bad service, good food) and Goldie's (need to drive=lose parking spot, usually not too busy, reasonable service, good/ok food).

After some contemplation we decided Goldie's would end up being faster, even with having to drive (dues to the busy-ness and bad service of Joe's).

So we got in the car and started on our way. We had to pass Joe's to get to Goldie's and as I did so there was an amazing sight- almost no cars!!! Now I take lunch at 11 so most places are usually pretty slow still but Joe's is always busy. I decided to chance the bad service and go in since I was already there and they were so empty.(I ended up parked right in front where that white car is- amazing!)

I asked for a table for one someplace quiet and out of the way. They put me on the 2nd floor by a window with no one else in the room. It was heaven!!! I had brought a book (more on it later today) and was excited to get a few minutes to just read and eat and relax. My waiter was polite, attentive and friendly. I got my food quickly and everything was correct. I ended up not getting cheese fries because they only have a big size and that was way to big for me by myself but I got a burger and their regular seasoned fries.

I got to sit quietly in the sun looking out at trees, reading and eating with no one bothering me. I got a red Joe's cup (you get to keep them), even though I only ordered water. I then left Joe's, drove back to campus, found a spot almost as good as my original one and was back right on time. Happiest Lunch Ever!!!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

That is a happy lunch. I prefer Goldie's cheese fries. Maybe next time I'm in Stillwater we can split a plate of Goldie's cheese fries.