So I've reached a couple of pregnancy milestones I've neglected to post about.
Here they are:
1. Had a complete stranger ask me when I was due (thought about looking offended but didn't remember to stop smiling in time).
2. Moved completely into maternity pants- the rubber band trick no longer works comfortably or reliably.
3. Used the phrase, "the baby wants..." when talking about numerous food items.
4. Learned the plumbing in my breasts works as God intended (if you don't understand please call- I will gladly explain basic anatomy and physiology in 'when a man and a woman love each other...' terminology)
5. Bought a maternity bathing suit.
6. Stood around while other people at work moved heavy things. Did not offer to help.
7. Both Nate and my sister, Wendy, have felt Peanut kick through my tummy fat. He has now changed position so his feet are always pressing on my bladder so this hasn't happened in a while.
8. Stopped wearing my wedding ring. It still fits most of the time but my fingers swell late in the day and I got nervous about taking it off at work.
9. Started being greeted by my mother in law with the phrase "you look really pregnant" every time I see her (Hi Jeanne). Since pregnant women are beautiful and beloved of all I have taken this to mean she thinks I'm getting more and more lovely each day and her love for me is growing even to exceed that of her own children.
10. Started holding my belly whenever I'm walking. I'm not sure why I do this but it seems to be an impossible habit to break.
11. Went to a LeLeche League class. They were not all crazy hippies (or I'm just as crazy as them so I didn't notice).
12. Went to a Birth Connections class to learn about cloth diapers. May become an addict.
13. Have almost convinced my sister, Amber, that she 'caught' pregnancy from me from sharing my glass of juice.
More to come...
4 comments:
Yes you are looking lovely!!!!
Fun pregnancy milestones. I felt like being mean when someone asked when I was due. The funny part was I was due in a month at the time, but that's what would have made it so funny.
That number 9 is a DANGEROUS comment to make.... could be fightin' words!! Bad enough that you get to spend more time with my mom than I do, but don't go takin all her love away!! We will scrap and I will win! But other than that, happy pregnancy and you do look lovely!! Miss you!
#9 is my fave :)
Post a Comment