This week I listened to Neil Gaiman read The Graveyard Book. It was magnificent. Not only was the story beautiful and different but his reading of it was amazing. He did it on his book tour, reading a chapter or so at a time to each different group. PS Isn't he hot!!! I read his blog regularly.
The basic story is that a toddler's family is killed but he ends up safe in a graveyard where its normal inhabitants raise him. It's a children/young adult book but is a little scary which I think kids like more than we often give them credit for. I defiantly recommend it- in fact, go listen right now!!!This morning as I was thinking about writing this post I heard a song on the radio that had a small part about a graveyard. I thought, that's perfect- I'll include that in my post. Then I looked up the video on youtube and really listened to the words. It is so good and so sad. I already loved Death Cab for Cutie but this made me love them even more! Being from California wild fires are a huge issue every year. Enjoy.
Death Cab for Cutie - Grapevine Fires
1 comment:
What a tragic song. I can't even imagine having my life just destroyed like that. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment