Are you excited?
No I'm serious that's the question I've been getting asked 15 times a day lately. (possibly exaggeration)
They look at my belly and the circles under my eyes (a result of getting up to pee 8-9 times a night lately) and ask me,
Are you excited?
No. I am totally unmoved by the very-soon-to-be-coming arrival of my baby Peanut who I already love and get to meet in person for the first time.
No. I am emotionless about the fact that someday soon I will not have to carry this parasite with me everywhere and will occasionally be able to hand him to his father with the words, "take him away" ringing from my lips.
No. I am unaffected by the imminence of the great and dreadful experience I will soon go through called childbirth with all its inherent pain and joy.
No. I am indifferent to the changes that will soon enter my life. This life which now holds only small responsibilities of keeping myself, husband, 4 dogs and 2 cats fed and reasonably healthy and will soon involve the caring for a creature totally unable to meet his own basic needs.
No. I am cool and dispassionate about the whole experience. Please ask me another inane question that I am required to answer with an energy I haven't felt in weeks and actually shows nothing of my true feelings. I am happy to take time out of my day to answer you.
PS To any of you who are now saying to yourselves, "She's a little uppity. What are we supposed to ask/comment on then???". I say- I don't know how to talk to those crazy pregnant ladies! You're on your own!
3 comments:
lol...you make my day, like everyday.
Hahaha - I am guilty of asking those type of questions and also guilty for giving sarcastic answers with those type of questions.
Please tell me you actually give those responses to people. I would just say, "Eh, I don't really like kids."
And you're welcome, fatty.
Post a Comment