Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Overwhelmingly Irritated

It all started out as something simple- it was time to buy the new parking permit at work. They don't start selling them until July 20th (and the old ones expire on the 31st) but last year they had a grace period of 15 days if you had the previous years permit still on your car. So I didn't stress much. Plus I was waiting for payday on the 31st to get one.
Anyway so I get online a few days before to make sure all is well and find out I can't buy one online since I have a Bursar balance. That's fine. I make plans to stop by on my way home on Friday night and pick one up, but then Friday night rolls around and we have a thing to go to so I just race home and figure I'll get one sometime on Monday. I park in my normal area on Monday, go to work, work from 730 am to 430 pm and then go to my car. I've gotten a $35 ticket. Seriously???!!! Well, I figure I'll just go get my permit and talk them into lowering my ticket.
I get to the parking office and there am told that I can't buy a permit at all while I have a Bursar balance. Please let me know what having a bursar account and buying a blasted parking permit have to do with each other! I can't even just outright buy a permit with cash or bank card? I have to go through the Bursar? I was starting to get really frustrated at this point. I might have actually said the words, "that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard". The young man told me I just needed to pay my bursar balance. Note: If I had the money to completely pay off my bursar balance wouldn't I have already done it? They also wouldn't do anything about dismissing my ticket until I paid my bill and came back. How I'm going to manage walking to and from way off campus parking to work each day at 8 months pregnant with a pulled tendon in my leg I'm not sure.
My next great idea was to have my sister Amber buy me a permit on her account (she just started working here at the university) but I discovered each employee can only buy one permit. My frustration is over whelming.

1 comment:

whitney said...

That's horrible! those meanies.

oh wait! I've got an idea. Is there anyway you can sell your body for a permit?