Friday, August 21, 2009

Pregnancy Milestones IV

They keep coming...

1. I've reached an all-time high of needing to get up 4 times during a single night to pee. Thinking of investing in a bed pan.
2. Bought a birthing ball.

3. People have stopped looking nervous when they ask when I'm due (it's pretty obvious it's getting close and I really am pregnant). Also, after I've told them, have started letting me know how close that is, as if I was unaware...

4. Convinced my sister to give me the parking pass she paid for so I didn't have to walk.
5. Nate has been relieved of all late-night/over night Scout duties just in case I go into labor in the middle of the night- he has to be there!

6. Set up my tour of the hospital.

7. Tried to get by a man talking, to get to the restroom in a restaurant. He ignored my several polite "excuse me's". Finally I just pushed past and when he looked down and saw my pregnant belly was touching him he jumped back horrified. Not sure if he felt guilty or has a fear of pregnant women but it was awesome!
8. That's what my belly button looks like (ps do you know how hard it is to take a picture of your own belly button??? also I'm counting this as a requested 'belly picture').

9. Had my first Braxton Hicks contractions. About 4 in an hour at the end of work and while I was getting to my car. The next day, while walking to my car not experiencing contractions, I was amazed at what a short, easy walk it was.

10. Got my first tiny stretch marks on my belly. I knew I was going to get some (they're hereditary and I already had some from getting boobs in 8th grade). It was a relief to just get them showing up over with (ps they're on the bottom of my belly so I can't actually see them but Nate can).
11. Asked Nate to sweep under the kitchen table for me since I was having trouble reaching under there and it's too heavy to move. He chose to finish the chore he was working on first. He returned to find under the table already swept out and me in tears. Possibly nesting...

12. Also, Nate is one of those people who likes the alarm to go off 6 times before he actually gets out of bed. A couple days ago as soon as the first alarm went off it seemed completely necessary and rational for my to get up and do the dishes at 5 am.
13. People are actually buying plane tickets to come out and see Peanut!

PS While filling up my tank of gas this morning Nate got me pink grapefruit juice to drink. Nothing has happened so far but we'll wait and see if the curse continues...

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Fun times - I remember my first stretch marks were under my belly and I couldn't see them and I was bragging about how I didn't have any when my husband insensitively pointed out that I did...

Plum said...

That does not count as your belly picture, dangit! And no more fake contractions. You hold the spawn in until October 1st, dangit! You're the mom, he has to listen to you.